Electronic Journal of the Ministry of Trade (e-Journal of the Ministry of Trade) , indexed by:
The Electronic Journal of the Ministry of Trade (e-Journal of the Ministry of Trade) has been managed by the Center for Data and Information Systems since 2016. The system used in this journal is Open Journal Systems (OJS), a content management system based on web that is specifically made to handle the entire scientific publication management process from the call for paper, peer review process, to publishing in online form. OJS is issued by the Public Knowledge Project of Simon Fraser University and is licensed under the GNU General Public License .
The Ministry of Trade's E-Journal can be accessed via http://jurnal.kemendag.go.id , which is the main door to access journals published by the Ministry of Trade. In 2016, the first journal registered in the Ministry of Trade's e-Journal was the Trade Research and Development Scientific Bulletin (BILP) managed by the Trade Research and Development Agency. Then in 2020, the next journal registered is Metrology Person who is managed by the Metrological Resource Development Center.
Roles in the Ministry of Trade's e-Journal
As previously discussed, the system used in the e-Journal of the Ministry of Trade is OJS. To be able to run the journal management business process using OJS requires several roles, including journal manager, editor, section editor, reviewer, copy editor, layout editor, author , and reader .
The following is the definition of roles in OJS:
- Journal Manager ( journal manager )
- Manage the e-journal display of the unit;
- Managing the unit's e-journal menus;
- Manage users in the unit's e-journal.
- Overseeing the running of the editorial process;
- Divide the manuscript to the section editor;
- Determine the contents of the journal to be published.
- Section Editor ( section editor )
- Oversee the process of checking ( reviewing ) manuscripts in each part of the field of science;
- Distributes the manuscript to each reviewer ( peer-review );
- Performs editing ( editing ) of the script.
- Performs manuscripts and provides recommendations.
- Copy Editor
- Check grammar and make sure the language used is not ambiguous;
- Ask the Author for various errors that may be contained in the script.
- Layout Editor
- Ensure that the script layout is in accordance with the guidelines that have been determined;
- Change the format of the manuscript to be published (for example: pdf, html, postscript ).
- Author ( author )
- Send the manuscript in the format as requested.
- Reader ( reader )
- Read and download the manuscripts published in the e-journal unit.
Ministry of Trade e-Journal Work Process Flow
The process of publishing an electronic journal is divided into several stages, namely:
- Author submissions
- Manuscript distribution
- Manuscript checking
- Manuscript editing
- Publishing manuscripts
From the steps above, here is an explanation of the workflow for each role, starting from submission of the manuscript by the author to the manuscript being published and accessible to readers.